Review: Awakened by Ednah Walters (Book One of The Guardian Legacy series)


From the first page I was hooked by Awakened. I was instantly transported into Lil's world. Lil is a sixteen year old girl who has moved around all her life with her Grandfather, never having a place to call home. When she discovers what she really is, which is a Guardian, " a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity." Her life changes completely. She learns all about who she really is and the role she plays. I loved following Lil's journey as she learned all about her home world, her past and what her future holds.

Fighting alongside Lil in riding the world of Hermonites are the other Guardian trainees. Sykes the energy guardian trainee is a little full of himself, he thinks all the girls love him and he's not wrong they do. He also has a crush on Lil, who he nicknames Red, which she hates. However with all the arrogance he has he is a good guy. There is also Remy, the earth guardian trainee who is the total opposite of Sykes, he is the leader of the trainee guardians, he takes charge and is really good with people. The other two that make up the guardian trainees is Kim, the air guardian trainee and Izzy the time guardian trainee. I liked Izzy, she is a girly girl and is nice to Lil when she joins the "team" unlike Kim who is a total b*itch and is nervous around Lil because of her unusual powers. Even though Kim comes good in the end, I still don't trust her fully!

You can't have an awesome book without a romance and the romance in this book is between Lil and a guy called Bran. Bran is a mysterious guy who turns up asking Lil to give her grandfather a message. Bran is the one that helps to unknowly  release her powers and start Lil to question who she really is. Lil falls for Bran and Bran for Lil but he has a secret that could destroy everything. I won't tell you what it is you will have to read Awakened to find out!

Overall I love the book, I read it within a few days. I loved how quick the story got going, we didn't have to wait chapters to find out what Lil really is. I loved Bran and Lil's relationship and I can't for the next book in the series, Betrayed, to see how their relationship develops and what evil await the Guardians.

*I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Ednah for sending me the book in a giveaway I won a few months ago, I loved it so much*

Rating: 5/5 Butterflies

Megan :)

11 comments

  1. Great review! I am very curious about this book. It has very interesting story.I'm going to read it as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review! I haven´t read this book and after reading your review I´m look for it.
    To my to-read list.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I've being dying to read this book just by reading short comments about it but now... well, now I want to know Bran's secret and get to know what happens with Lil.

    Great review! Thanks,

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been dying to read this book...and now I know what to do with my Amazon gift card! Sounds like a couple of really great characters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review! I definitely want to read this ^^
    Another book to put on my TBR shelf. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I did not know about this book. I ma adding it to my TBR shelf! I know the list is always growing but then I never have to ask what am I reading next! I have a big love for Angel books! I can't say why but they are one of my favorite Genres! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive had my eye on this book for awhile now and I still think I need to get it soon!! Sounds really good and I love Angel books :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this book around. I looks really good. I really liked your review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good. I looked it up on goodreads so I could add it to my to-read list and the reviews are pretty high on there too(there wasn't anything under 3 stars on the first page). It's now on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your review so much<3 Now I really have to read Awakened. It seems very interesting :D

    ReplyDelete