Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part one DVD (2 disc)

*BEWARE SPOILERS IN THIS POST*


Hey!

I don't know if you all know this, but am a Harry Potter fan. I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone, the first in the series, when I was about fifteen and from then on I was captivated by the world of Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part one is the first part in the final book in the Harry Potter series and one of my personal favourite's in the series. Yesterday I went straight out and bought the DVD as I was so excited to watch the movie as I couldn't get to see it in the cinema last year. OK! Enough of my blabbing on to the review!

Review

With the book and portrayed in the movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is much darker and creepier than the previous movies. It's an emotional movie however still with the action and magic we all know and love. Voldemont being back is now public knowledge and he is infiltrating the Ministry of Magic. While his Death Eaters are continuing to cause death and destruction by killing incident witches, wizards and humans. Harry is still grieving over the lose of Dumbledore and is trying to continue Dumbledore's quest to find the remaining Horcuxes!

The movie was amazing, just as I knew it would be! I love that the movies stick so close to the books. Some of my favourite Harry Potter moments:

*The opening scenes were really sad but set the mood of the movie perfectly. Seeing Hermione having to make her parents forget who she was and wiping all knowledge of her existence was so sad.

*I loved the "seven Harry's" scene it was amazingly well done and it must have taken alot of work but this scene read like it was straight out of the book.

*The scenes with Harry, Ron & Hermione looking for the Horcruxes were some of my favourite scenes. I also loved to see Ron and Hermione's relationship start to develop.

* One of the saddest scenes was near the end were Dobby the house elf died. OMG I was crying it was such a sad scene!

Overall I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see the second part in July!!!!

Do you like Harry Potter? Which is your favourite movie?

Megan :)

3 comments

  1. I love HP too!!!! Please don't ask how many times I've read the series (soooo many hehehe). I'm a complete Potter junkie and I will probably cry when the last movie is over. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched this last night! I have two teenagers and they fight all the time over if Ron or Harry is the cutest. Silly...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched this movie. Sad that HP will come to an end. I can't wait to see the second part in July.

    ReplyDelete