Author Interview: S.R. Johannes author of Untraceable

Praise for Untraceable:

"Grace is a spunky, independent, nature girl who doesn't need a boy to save her. With wilderness survival, a juicy love triangle, and more twists and turns than a roller coaster, this fast-paced novel had me holding my breath until the very last page—and still begging for more!"  
-Kimberly Derting, author of the The Body Finder 

"This thrilling story is a dramatic entanglement of mystery, deception and teen romance. The action flows like a brisk mountain stream interspersed with rapids, holding suspense to last page." 
- Kirkus Reviews

A little about Shelli and how she got into writing:

I have been in marketing since I got an MBA. When I had my daughter I had five months off and started writing an idea I got when my hubby and I travelled to his home in the UK. I think my daughter showed me I could create beautiful things from nothing.

Can you tell us a little about your novel, Untraceable?

It is a contemporary wilderness thriller. Think of a modern day Katniss in Hunger Games mixed with the setting of Gary Paulson's Hatchett. Grace's father is a ranger and goes missing in a national park. She is determined to find him and discovers horrible secrets that cost her alot.

Where did you get the idea for Untraceable?

My hubby came home one day from camping and said "I was so deep in the woods, crazy people could do anything and get away with it." A year later, I went to Cherokee NC and stumbled upon the bear pits there. Those two ideas came together and Untraceable was born.

I really like the cover of Untraceable. Who designed it and did you have much say in the designing process?


I was in luck that I did. Vania at VLC_photo.net did the photography. I gave her some ideas and told her my idea and she brought it to life. I love it and it turned out better that I expected.

Your main character Grace, has lived in the wilderness her whole life. Do you think you could live in the wilderness and have the skills to survive?

Ha! Alone-I wouldn't last a minute. I could if my hubby was with me.

Untraceable is the first book in The Nature of Grace series. How many books will be in the series?

I know there is a second one but I haven't gotten beyond that. It's not a planned trilogy but there is more issues Grace can tackle. Right now, Uncontrollable (book 2) is scheduled for summer 2012. It will be set in winter.

Why should we read Untraceable?

So my kids can eat? :) Kidding. My book is contemporary. It is a "stay up late and night and read." It is not paranormal. It is not dystopian. It is not fantasy. It is a real girl, in a real world trying to make a difference.

Some of Shell's Christmas favourites:

Favourite Christmas song: Silent Night



Favourite Christmas read: Elf on a Shelf


Favourite Christmas movie: Hmmm, it's either Christmas Vacation or Christmas Story.




What do you want left under your Christmas Tree this year? Nothing. Everything I want wouldn't fit :)

Untraceable is available in paperback and ebook at Amazon, B&N, iTunes, and other sellers.

Follow:

@srjohannes

1 comment

  1. Thank you so much Megan! :) I love the clips :) *swoons over Buble**

    ReplyDelete