Review: Betrayed by Ednah Walters

Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, Book 1)Book: Betrayed
Author: Ednah Walters
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Pages: 336
Series: The Guardian Legacy (2)
Received book from publisher for review!

I was very excited to receive Betrayed from Spencer Hill Press for review. I loved reading Awakened the prequel to Betrayed last year, (A Prequel is a story containing events that precede those of an existing work) it was a great paranormal read with great characters so I was expecting the same from Betrayed and I wasn't disappointed!

Betrayed kicks of a few months after the events in Awakened. Lil the main protagonist is trying to balance her two lives, the one with her human friends and her duties and training with her Guardian friends. When Lil is thinking everything is starting to balance out her evil father walks (well rings) back into her life and everything starts to go wrong. There is a trader in the Guardian academy, Lil's human friends are being manipulated and one is being used as a physic "conductor"  and to top it of her hot boyfriend ( I heart Bran) is acting strange! What is a girl to do in these situations, well if your Lil Falcon, deal with the situation as best she can and fight back!

Betrayed was a fast paced adventure which I loved. Lil was as feisty and amazing as ever. She is a protagonist that everyone will like. She may act like a typical teenager like not wanting to do her training etc and hang out with her boyfriend and friends but when things are bad she doesn't hid away from them, she fights though it showing strength and determination.

I loved her relationship with Bran. Even though they have to overcome issues in Betrayed they get though it though love and hope and I hope they continue to do this in the next book as there troubles are far from over.

The other characters in Betrayed are as great as ever. My favourite Guardian guy apart from Bran is of course Sykes. He is such a great character, he is so funny, charming and he really does care about the team even though he sometimes acts like he doesn't. We are also introduced to some new characters in the book. The evil Solange who I disliked, however I did feel a tinie tiny bit sorry for her at one point, but only one point :) and cute Angelina one of the awesome gifted demon children which I can't wait to hear more about in Hunted. She was so cute but also very feisty, honest and a little scary :)

Overall I really enjoyed Betrayed. I loved the characters and the story was fast paced and exciting with a lovely and heartfelt romance thrown in. I can't wait for the next book in the series, Hunted!

5/5 Stars

4 comments

  1. Great review. Ive seen these books around for a while now and keep debating if Ill get them or not. I love your review and will definitely add them to my To Buy List.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good review . been thinking about reading them might read them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've been wanting to read this book for month. I need to buy it.

    ReplyDelete