Waiting on Wednesday #8


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're excitably anticipating.

Messenger Of Fear (Messenger Of Fear #1)  by Michael Grant




Mara wakes in a field of dead grass, a heavy mist pressing down on her. She is terrified, afraid that she is dead. Then a beautiful young man dressed in black appears. He calls himself Messenger of Fear.

This boy is able to move effortlessly through space and time. He also sees the darkness in human hearts. He sees the evils done: the destructive lies, the cruelty, the bullying, the violence. And if the world does not bring justice to those who do evil, he will. He offers the wicked a game. If they win, they go free. If they lose, they will live their greatest fear. Either way, their sanity will be challenged.

It is a world of fair but harsh justice. Of retribution and redemption. And mystery. Why was Mara chosen to be the Messenger’s apprentice? What has she done to deserve this terrible fate? She won’t find out until three of the wicked receive justice. And when she does, she will be shattered.

Expected Publication: August 26th 2014 via Electric Monkey

My Thoughts:

I really like the cover. I love the hand with Play or Pay on it I think it sums up the book perfectly. Play the Messenger of Fears game or pay!

4 comments

  1. Not sure if this is my kind of read but I do hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this one! I enjoyed the Gone series so much and I can't wait to read more from him :) Great Pick!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choice! I absolutely love Michael Grant's Gone series and I can't wait to read this one because it just sounds so good.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Gone series and I'm so excited for this one! This cover is so much cooler than the US cover!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete