Discussion: Do you read hyped books?

What is a hyped book?




To me a hyped book is a book that publishers are pushing with loads of online promotion and calling it the next, Harry Potter or the next Hunger Games. The book may even be optioned for a movie and it isn't even released yet. Basically everyone is saying this book is a master piece. This is what a hyped book means to me, it may mean different things to others.

So do you read hyped books?

Over the years I have did this alot, I have read a "hype book" and ended up loving it and understanding the hype. One series that comes to mind is the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. However with other hype books I tried to read I just didn't get the appeal one series being The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 

Sometimes books I love that has beautiful writing, intriguing characters and addictive storylines aren't even hype books and I wonder how a publisher decides which book will be a "hype book". 

So do you jump on the hype wagon? Do you like when books are compared to this and that? Have you read a hype book and wondered what the fuss has been about? Leave me a comment below!

I do not own any if the images above


1 comment

  1. I read some hyped books and sometimes I completely get what the fuss is about. We Were Liars was great and I actually really liked The Hunger Games though I haven't gone any further in the series. I read Twilight and while it wasn't for me I did see why it was so popular. The one book I read that I think I would've enjoyed more if it wasn't so hyped was The Storied Life of AJ Fikry. I enjoyed it but wasn't as blown away as I expected to be so I ended up being disappointed.

    ReplyDelete