Yesterday we where in Florida with author Michelle Madow, which you can check out here
Today we are in Georgia on day 10 of our U.S. Road Trip and we are with author S.R. Johannes. Let's see what awaits us in Georgia.
Places to visit in Georgia
- Cumberland Island
- North Georgia
- Callaway Gardens
- Lake Lanier Islands
- Atlanta - Atlanta Zoo, Georgia Aquarium, Coca Cola HQ, City Ferris Wheel, Centennial Park, Stone Mountain, Kennesaw Battlefield, Virginia HIghlands, Six Flags, White Water
Places to eat
Quirky things about Georgia
- Georgia's nicknames include "The Empire State of the South," "The Goober State," and "The Peach State."
- Georgia is the nations number one producer of the three Ps--peanuts, pecans, and peaches.
- In Gainesville, the Chicken Capital of the World it is illegal to eat chicken with a fork. It has to be eaten two-handed.
- In 1828 Auraria, near the city of Dahlongea, was the site of the first Gold Rush in America.
- Vidalia onions are only successfully grown in the areas of Vidalia and Glennville, Georgia.
- in the elate 1700s the Pirate House restaurant in Savannah was actually a favored destination for Caribbean pirates
- Atlanta used to be called Terminus and Marthaville
- Walking Dead and Hunger Games are filmed in Georgia
- Savannah has been declared the most haunted city in America by the American Institute of Parapsychology.
- In the town of Acworth, you are practically forbidden to leave your leaves afloat on the ground. Every citizen of this town must own a rake by law.
- in Georgia since it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
Famous people from Georgia
Ray Charles, Martin Luther King, Julia Roberts, Usher, Ceelo Green, Dakota fanning, Luke Bryan, Ryan Seacrest, Kanye West
Authors or books set in Georgia
Margaret Mitchell, Terry Kay, Anne Rivers Siddons, Sue Monk Kidd, Iris Johannsen
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Driving Ms. Daisy, Gone with the Wind, The Walking Dead.
Thank you :) Savannah sounds awesome. I love that it's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp. What do you think of Georgia? Leave me your thoughts in then comments?
TWITTER - @srjohannes
FACEBOOK - srjohannesauthor
Tomorrow we are in Hawaii with me :)
You can follow all the road trip stops here