Top Ten Bookworm Delights


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by Broke and Bookish

This weeks TopicTop Ten Bookworm Delights 

Books in general give me delight but here's 10 of my book worm delights.

1) The excitement of interacting with an author you love on social media.

I don't get the chance to meet many authors as in Northern Ireland there's isn't many bookish events or signings. So to be able to interact with some of my most favourite authors on Twitter is a delight. To have that author read your review of their book is scary but it's also exciting. To have an author follow you just excites me as much as if a famous actor followed me *it's the small things in life*

2) Beautiful book covers


I appreciate beautiful book covers and are a delight to put on my book shelf so I can stare at them all day long. *Book cover envy*

3) When an author I love announces a new book release

This is me when an author I love announces a new book.


4) Getting all the feels

Reading a book that gives me so many feels whether it's excitement or crying I love it. The feels guys, I love the feels.

5) Finding a book at a bargain price

I love findings a great book bargain but finding books in amazing condition in a charity shop at such a cheap price *and your helping charity* is awesome. Am looking at you Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead!

6) Collecting different editions of your favourite books 

You just don't need one set of your favourite book series. You need them in hardback, paperback, UK editions, U.S. editions and any editions you can find it in. * All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness for life*

7) Being aggressively ... I mean encouraging a person to read a book you love.


Stopping a stranger in a book shop who's looking at a book you love and telling them it's amazing and they must buy it and read it like now. * I'm sorry* All The Bright Places *READ IT*

8) Having the honour to read a book before it releases 

....and knowing everyone's going to love it and you can't wait for everyone to read it....the feels. 

9) Bookish merchandise

It's just everything. That is all 

10) Being able to interact with book lovers from around the world.


I just love the book community and I love being able to talk about my love of books from all the way in the UK to the U.S. to Australia and beyond!!

That is some of my book worm delights. Let me know some of yours in the comments below.

9 comments

  1. I am a big mood reader, so it is always wonderful when I get a lot of feels while reading a book (even though I often get feels while reading). It's always the best when I'm able to really connect with a character because then I usually feel for them more. Great post! :)

    ~Anna @Adventures with a Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore bookish merchandise, too. I just don't get enough of it.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-top-bookworm-delights.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list... the feels! whether its chuckling or outright sobbing :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great ones here!! I so love bookish merch too. And connecting with fellow bookworms is always amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interacting with authors IS a delight. Nothing like the feeling of getting noticed by the person who wrote your favorite book and getting to have a chat with them. I hope you get to meet your favorite authors someday! :) - Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good book cover! To be honest, I am one of those people who judge a book by it's cover... :\ I only pick it up if it's pretty, then I read the synopsis to see if it is worth buying. I should stop that. I'm probably missing out on a lot of great books, because they have ugly covers! :| Great Top Ten!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a sucker for a good book cover and I love hearing a favorite author has a new book coming out! And yes to bookish merchandise. Definitely the best! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book covers definitely, and it's funny how I've found some favorite new authors since I started blogging, and when they announce a new book that is a great feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I thoroughly agree with SO MANY OF THESE!! *flails happily* I adore being able to have friends in any timezone. It's so handy. ;D And also finding bookish bargains is AMAZING and also book merchandise. AHHHH. And I used to never collect books ... but then I became a book blogger and...AHEM. *glances at ginormous bookshelf* IT IS AMAZING. I love collecting books! :D
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete