Discussion: Let's Talk Publishers

*Note: Books may be published by a different publisher in your country. I am UK based!

We love publishers, of course we do they publish book's of which we would be nothing without.  (dramatic I know) Note- I do appreciate authors who self pub,that's a whole other appreciation post. 


So I "surveyed" my bookshelf to try and see what publisher's I seem to pick my books up from the most and what publisher's print my favourite books. Here are the results:

*Penguin and Bloomsbury seem to be my go to publishers the majority of the books I own are from these publisher's. Penguin have published some of my favourite books including All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and Vampire Academy & Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. Bloomsbury publishes none other than Harry Potter, among many others.

However there is also some others publishers that seem to pop up regularly on my bookshelf including Usborne Publishing, Chicken House and Electric Monkey.  I also observed that most of my urban fantasy books are from Gollancz and most of my contemporary reads from Penguin. It seems I am drawn to different publishers for different genres. 

One other publisher I have to mention is Headline as they publish my favourite series ever!! The All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, so they are my queens!

I love all these publisher's and I have had the privilege of receiving books to review from some of these publisher's which I appreciate so much. I have discovered by looking at my book shelves that like having a favourite author I have favourite publisher's. When I pick up books it's because of the cover, author or blurb and I never think to look a lot of the time who publishes it. I would love to know if there is any publishers you pick up more often than others. Did you notice?

Let's talk!!

3 comments

  1. I usually don't pay a lot of attention to the publishers but I think I read a lot of books from HarperCollins, Penguin and Disney Hyperion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to but recently I have been for some reason. Penguin is a publisher I seem to really like.

      Delete
  2. I haven't really paid much attention to what publishers I get...Roc, Headline, Gollancz, Orbit come to mind for some books and series ...but a lot of mine are Indie publishers or self published. I love a good apocalypse story and some of the best are not taken up by the top publishers so I'm pretty flexible!

    ReplyDelete