Dewey's 24 hour Read-a -thon updates! (1PM 9th April- 1PM 10th April)

*Hey guys this is the post I will use to update you all on my progress during the Read-a-thon!*
*Hey I have went 11 and half hours and cant go anymore I need to sleep! I may be back in a few hours!

Books to read:

*Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (Book One) 290/290 pages (Completed) 11hrs
*Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Book One) 332 pages
*The Secret Circle: The Initiation - 211 pages. The Captive part one- 98 pages
*Awakened by Ednah Walters - 256 pages
*Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens - 280 pages

Total pages altogether: 290/1467 pages

Hey everyone. Starting the read a thon few mins late but getting started now. Starting with Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard!

*3.00PM : Hey the first couple of hours have been ok! Found it a little hard to get into Pretty Little Liars but getting into it now. On page 41/290! Hope to read more alot more before I next check in. See ya at 5.15PM!

Mini challenge one!

1)Where are you reading from today? Northern Ireland2)Three random facts about me… My fave snack is crisps, I wear glasses & I love Taylor Lautner3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 5 books4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I want to try and read all of the five books thats my target5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? This is my first read a thon but my advise would be to just enjoy!

*5.15PM Still reading Pretty Little Liars. Am getting into it now. Its getting interesting! I didn't realise before the read a thon how slow I read lol. On page 96/290. I have read more these pass few hours than before woop woop. Going grab a burger now for tea then sit out in the last of the today's sun and continue reading. Next check in at 7.30PM!

*7.30PM Had a few mishaps these last few hours, decided to go out and sit in the last few hours of the nice sun and got attacked by bees so now am back reading in my safe free from bees bedroom. Am on page 152/290 pages so I have read a similar amount of pages as in my last update about 50 are so. Am feeling my progress is a little slow. Next update at 9.45pm. Hopefully will have Pretty Little Liars finished or there about!

*9.45PM We are now nine hours into the read a thon! Not quite finished Pretty Little liars yet 215/290 pages only 75 more pages to go. I really want to have this finished by my next check in at 12AM and possibly another started! During this read a thon I have released that am a really slow reader! I don't think am going to be able to read all 5 books at the rate am going, but am going keep going. Thanks to everyone cheering me on so far. Your awesome.

*12.00AM Yay *claps* I finished Pretty Little Liars. I know it's one book and it has taken me 11hrs but I feel an acheivement I stuck at it and didn't give up! Now I know I have a list of another 4 books to read but am thinking for a little while am going blog hop round a few blogs to see how everyone else is doing. Now I was going to go to bed at 2AM til 6AM then get up and finish so technically I wasn't going to do the whole 24hrs but am going to see how I go I might stay up, finishing the first book has made me more awake for some reason. After I have done some blog hopping am actually going to try and finish an ebook I have started for review called Being rather than any of my books in my to read pile. But don't worry wotever books I dont get read in the read a thon I will read them at some point!! See everyone at 2PM!

Mini challenge

1. What are you reading right now? Being by T.R. Mounser2. How many books have you read so far? One :(3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I had to cancel a day out with my best friend but she understood :)5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes first off music being played in the house, I need quiet! Also tried to get some of the last of the days sun but got attacked by bees and then had to do the dishes and bring in washing which couldn't be avoided :(6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That everyone is so supportive I knew you all would be but its great peeps leaving encourging messages. Also I have to admit am finding it hard going I love reading but its tough!7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? It's perfect
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Pick smaller books, quick reads. 9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes its nearly 1am in the morning and am the type of person that needs to sleep! :(10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Have a supply of chocolate seems to be keeping me awake lol!

So I have decided am going to check in with everyone every few hours. Am going to take a 10-15 min break every few hours to update you guys and check out how everyone else is doing. This is my check in times:

3.00PM- Updated above!
5.15PM- Updated above!
7.30PM- Updated above!
9.45PM- Updated above!
12.00AM- Updated above!
2.00AM -
6.15AM
8.30AM
10.45AM
1.00PM

Hope everyone enjoys the read a thon!

Megan :)

18 comments

  1. Looks like a good list of books... enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I love that you have such specific goals. Good luck, and I hope you have some great reads ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me an R
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a D

    What does it spell? READ!!

    Have a great day! I've heard good things about PLL, hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the eye of the reader, it's the cream of the fight
    Risin' up to the challenge of our bloggers
    And the last known survivor stalks his books in the night
    And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

    You can do it and rock the roof off the readathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you're tired
    And losin' the fire
    You'd rather be sleeping
    But keep on reading!!

    But, I can also understand the "hell to live with" ;) Come back refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah Show that book you're readin' who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going great!!!! *\o/* *\o/*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that page count. You are killing it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah yeehaw you're doing so well! Claps and high five for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are in Northern Ireland!?! I'm so jealous! Maeve Binchy is my FAVORITE author!

    Here is the cheer I came up with this morning...

    How funky is Oscar Wilde
    How funky is Oscar Wilde
    How Loose is C.S. Lewis
    Lewis is totally loose
    So come on all you Poe fans
    So Come on all you Poe fans
    And shake out your Proust
    And shake out your Proust!!!

    GOOOOOOOOO READERS!!!!!!!!!!!

    *if you like my cheer please pass on the encouragement by cheering on my friend Holly!
    http://travelingduewest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the high five @Jodie. Yay am from Northern Ireland @Bittner! Thanks for the awesome cheer I stoped by your friends blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND BAKEY!! MEGAAAAAN, time to get up and start reading again!

    Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line of encouragement. From one newbie to another... GO! GO! Read-A-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Holly I only managed 12 1/2 hours! Think that's great for my first read a thon. Thanks for all the support everyone!

    ReplyDelete