Waiting On Wednesday #38


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're excitably anticipating.


The Girl who ignored Ghosts by K.C. Tansley



She tried to ignore them. But some things won’t be ignored.
Kat Preston doesn’t believe in ghosts. Not because she’s never seen one, but because she saw one too many. Refusing to believe is the only way to protect herself from the ghost that tried to steal her life. Kat’s disbelief keeps her safe until her junior year at McTernan Academy, when a research project for an eccentric teacher takes her to a tiny, private island off the coast of Connecticut.

The site of a grisly mystery, the Isle of Acacia is no place for a girl who ignores ghosts, but the ghosts leave Kat little choice. Accompanied by her research partner, Evan Kingsley, she investigates the disappearance of Cassie Mallory and Sebastian Radcliffe on their wedding night in 1886. Evan’s scientific approach to everything leaves Kat on her own to confront a host of unbelievables: ancestral curses, powerful spells, and her strange connection to the ghosts that haunt Castle Creighton.

But that’s all before Kat’s yanked through a magic portal and Evan follows her. When the two of them awaken 129 years in the past with their souls trapped inside the bodies of two wedding guests, everything changes. Together, Kat and Evan race to stop the wedding-night murders and find a way back to their own time—and their own bodies—before their souls slip away forever.

Expected Publication: August 1st 2015 by Beckett Publishing Group

Why am I waiting?

This one sounds like something I will totally love. I am lucky enough to have a copy of this and I can't wait to get started.

What are you waiting on?

6 comments

  1. I really like that cover. First time coming across this one, but I hope you enjoy reading it when you get it. Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a digital ARC of this and you just reminded me I need to read it sometime in July. Thanks and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I've not heard of this until now but it seems interesting.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this one is new to me and it does sound interesting! I really hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this book before. Sounds interesting. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ghost stories and I haven't heard of this one!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete