Bookworm Candles & Crafts- September Mini Starter Candle Box unboxing & thoughts


All bookworms love bookish merch, I haven't come across any that don't like some sort of bookish merch from bookmarks, to candles , to art prints and all the fandom cushions and throws. I have recently started to get into bookish merch, collecting bookmarks, art prints and pins but just recently I was on the look out for some bookish candles, and I came across Bookworm Candles & Crafts VIA Donna from a Book Passion For Lifes, Instagram, (you can check out Donna's Instagram here ) and have been meaning to check them out. What better way than to try their candles than there September mini starter set as this months past theme was Second Star On The Right And Straight On To Morning. Guys Peter Pan themed how could I pass this up!

First up I want to give you my thoughts on the box over all and show you all the items included and my thoughts on each item.


So as this is a monthly box it goes on sale between the 5th-1st of each month and then ships 5th-10th of the following month. My box arrived promptly and packaged really well. Within the box you get 4 2oz candle glass jars (that last between 12-15 hours), and some extra goodies, this month it was a thimble necklace, Tinkerbell bookmark, some cute glass fridge magnets and a silhouette sticker which I have put on my kindle. 

So my first thoughts was this is such a cute box, everything fits the theme perfectly, and it looks cute. I love all the little extra bits and pieces, especially the thimble necklace *heart eyes* and the candles look and smell amazing. 

Apart from the awesome products I also really like that this is a UK creator, I find it so hard to find bookish UK creators and I am so excited to have found this one. I also think this box is really good value. The monthly box is £12 plus shipping and to me it meets and exceeds that price, and unlike subscriptions boxes you just order month to month. Now a closer look at the products!


Look at all the cute goodies!


So the first candle is the Skull Rock candle jar, that looks and smells really good. My first thought is it smells of flowers and I was right as it has notes of Coral and Hibiscus. As sore as you open the lid you are hit with the smell, which I want in a candle, I want to smell it even if it isn't lite 


Next is Magic Lagoon which is such a pretty color and of course it smells lovely. On the spoiler card it says it has a "gorgeous marine scent".


Next up is Happy Thoughts which is my fave candle out of the four, which is hard to say as I really like them all. This smells of coconut milk and lavender. Now I am not a big lavender fan unless its mixed with another scent and as this is mixed with one of my fave scents I really like this!


Finally we have Pixie Dust which has a really sweet scent. I love sweet smelling candles and this smells so nice. It reminds me of sweets I ate when I was younger and it just smells good enough to eat.

Overall I love this box. I brought this box myself and decided to review it as I think its a box alot of people would enjoy. It is great value for money, it looks great and has amazing handmade products. 

You can check out Book Worm Candles here , as well as the bookish boxes the site has so many candles. I have 10 on my wishlist, and some of them will be in my shopping basket for the end of this month as a birthday treat to myself :) I am also really excited that hopefully there will more more A Discovery Of Witches candles in store soon as it is my fave book and I have found it hard to find ADOW merch I like. They currently have one which I need so bad and I can't wait to see what else is added to the store in the coming months. 

You can also still get this months mini starter box which the theme is Toil and Trouble, perfect for fans of perfect for fans of Throne of Glass, Harry Potter or A Discovery Of Witches!

1 comment

  1. All these candles look amazing. <3 And I'm super curious about the Toil and Trouble box although I sadly can't buy it myself right now but merch of ADOW is always interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete